Grand Massif Bars
A ski chalet holiday would not be complete with the obligatory vin chaud at the bottom of the mountain. Morillon and Samoens are still much quieter ski resorts compared to other big French ski area such as Morzine, Val d’Isere and Meribel. However there are a number of great apres ski spots, and a handful of bars and clubs that are open into the small hours.
– Avenue du Fer a Cheval, Samoens
– +33 4 50 18 21 15
– Located about 500m from Samoens town centre, this bar is your usual pub affair, with lots of good draught beer and various deals on shots during the season. Big nights to be had on a Tuesday when seasonnaires are out in force, and they also have a pub quiz once a week. They do great bar snacks like croque monsieurs, fried chicken and chips from mid-day onwards.
Bar Le Savoie
– Place du Gros Tilleul, Samoens
– +33 4 50 34 94 43
– Situated right in the town square in Samoens, this bar is popular with the french locals and is open until late each night. The bar does simple very good value food throughout the day.
The Place to Be
– 132 Grand Rue, Samoens
– +4 50 58 85 48
– A very central bar popular with the locals. It has a nice south facing outdoor terrace with excellent cold meats and cheese to nibble on.
Le Bon Coin
– Badnay, Morillon
– +33 4 50 90 10 57
– A tiny bar directly opposite the Morillon Village cable car. Always packed for apres ski during the winter season. It has a table football table, and often has live bands playing during the week.
– Lac Bleu Morillon
– +33 4 50 78 37 44
– Nicely located between Chalet Mautalent and the Morillon cable car, this great little bar is perfect for any Apres-Ski drink or two. It has a roaring outdoor fireplace along with spectacular views over the famous Lac Bleu and the along the valley. It has a small but excellent menu with the homemade savoury beignets being a real crowd pleaser.
Explore Grand Massif
At The Tasty Ski Company we have luxury catered ski chalets in both Samoens and Morillon. They are towns in Le Grand Massif ski area and are located just 3km apart from each other.
Le Grand Massif’s proximity to Mont Blanc assures that it has an outstanding snow record. Ski passes can be purchased for the ‘Vill4ge’ ski area (Samoens, Morillon, Les Carroz and Sixt) or the ‘Grand Massif’ ski area (Samoens, Morillon, Les Carroz, Sixt, and Flaine).
We recommend that ski hire be organised in advance before you arrive in Le Grand Massif. This is particularly important during the school holidays when the best ski hire companies in Le Grand Massif book out all of their equipment before the week has started.
It is possible to purchase a ‘Vill4ge’ ski pass (beginners and beginner / intermediates) or a full ‘Grand Massif’ ski pass (intermediates and above). You are able to organise ski passes in advance and have them delivered to your home address.
We highly recommend taking lessons during your ski holiday in Le Grand Massif. Ski lessons are a great option for beginners to gain confidence, or for anyone else looking to brush up on their technique.
Having attained the national tourist label ‘family plus,’ Le Grand Massif is very much a family friendly resort and really does meet all the criteria to ensure a really easy family ski holiday.
Whether a skier or non-skier, your ski chalet holiday in Le Grand Massif would not be complete with a bit of pampering and a massage.
During your stay at one of our catered ski chalets in Le Grand Massif your chef has one day off a week on a Wednesday. This means that you will eat out one day of the week during your ski chalet holiday with us.
A ski chalet holiday would not be complete with the obligatory vin chaud at the bottom of the mountain. Morillon and Samoens are still much quieter ski resorts compared to other big French ski area such as Morzine, Val d’Isere and Meribel.
Le Grand Massif is one of the most accessible ski resorts in the Alps. Situated in the Northern Alps, Le Grand Massif is just a 70 minute flight from southern UK airports, and the airport transfer from Geneva is just 50 minutes.
Our Grand Massif Chalets
Ferme St Christophe
Subscribe to our newsletter
+34 620 367 809