Grand Massif Restaurants
During your stay at one of our catered ski chalets in Le Grand Massif your chef has one day off a week normally on a Wednesday. This means that you will eat out one day of the week during your ski chalet holiday with us. Your resort manager will be more than happy to tell you all about the best spots in town and also book your evening meal for you on your chef’s evening off. Here are a few good restaurants in Samoens and Morillon:
Samoens Cheap and Cheerful
– Immeuble Les Dent Blanches, Avenue Cognacq-Jay
– +33 4 50 34 45 18
– A family friendly restaurant serving all the classics: Savoy fondue, meat fondue, raclette, tartiflette, pierrade (hot-stone), brasérade, etc… also an extensive choice of pizzas, home-made pasta dishes and large salads.
– Rue des Billets
– +33 4 50 34 42 83
– Located just off the town square, we think this restaurant has the best pizza in town. Giraldo the pizza man is the main attraction, making his pizzas at the front of the restaurant in his big clay oven.
– Chemin de Graveruaz
– +33 4 50 53 65 22
– Located in one of the charming medieval backstreets of Samoens, the Mezzanine restaurant mixes some classic alpine dishes with a few more experimental efforts. The braised lamb shanks with honey is a real favourite.
Le Monde a L’Enverse
-Place du Criou
One of our favourite restaurants and situated centrally just off the main square, it serves a both modern French and Asian inspired flavours. Booking early is a must and any groups of 8 or more will be required to pre-order.
8 M des Monts
-Place de l’Eglise
Fantastic homemade cooking using seasonal fresh organic products from local farms. Elaborate and creative dishes mixed with classics. A friendly place with a great outside terrace in summer with views of the Gros Tilleul Square and the stunning Criou mountain.
Morillon French Rustic
La Tourne Pierre
– Chemin Rural de la Mortenaz au Chef Lieu
– +33 4 50 90 13 79
– Situated in between Chalet Mautalent and the Morillon ski lift, another family affair in a cosy little restaurant. Expect all the alpine classics from fondue to raclette and tartiflette – lots of cheese and plenty of cured meats. Alpine classics are often butchered by poor imitations but Le Tourne Pierre shows how it should be done.
– 409 Route de Samoens, Morillon
– +33 4 50 90 12 06
– Just 50 metres away from the Morillon cable car run by a nice team. All the classics including the Croute au Fromage which is fantastic.
Morillon Fine Dining
Hotel Le Morillon
– Chef Lieu Morillon
– +33 4 50 90 10 32
– Situated on the corner of Morillon old town and a 7 minute walk from Chalet Mautalent. Rated as a ‘Bib Gourmand’ in the latest Michelin Guide, this Morillon restaurant is probably the best place in town for top notch food. It is also reasonably priced if you go for the fixed price menu.
Hotel Le Morillon in Winter
Explore Grand Massif
At The Tasty Ski Company we have luxury catered ski chalets in both Samoens and Morillon. They are towns in Le Grand Massif ski area and are located just 3km apart from each other.
Le Grand Massif’s proximity to Mont Blanc assures that it has an outstanding snow record. Ski passes can be purchased for the ‘Vill4ge’ ski area (Samoens, Morillon, Les Carroz and Sixt) or the ‘Grand Massif’ ski area (Samoens, Morillon, Les Carroz, Sixt, and Flaine).
We recommend that ski hire be organised in advance before you arrive in Le Grand Massif. This is particularly important during the school holidays when the best ski hire companies in Le Grand Massif book out all of their equipment before the week has started.
It is possible to purchase a ‘Vill4ge’ ski pass (beginners and beginner / intermediates) or a full ‘Grand Massif’ ski pass (intermediates and above). You are able to organise ski passes in advance and have them delivered to your home address.
We highly recommend taking lessons during your ski holiday in Le Grand Massif. Ski lessons are a great option for beginners to gain confidence, or for anyone else looking to brush up on their technique.
Having attained the national tourist label ‘family plus,’ Le Grand Massif is very much a family friendly resort and really does meet all the criteria to ensure a really easy family ski holiday.
Whether a skier or non-skier, your ski chalet holiday in Le Grand Massif would not be complete with a bit of pampering and a massage.
During your stay at one of our catered ski chalets in Le Grand Massif your chef has one day off a week on a Wednesday. This means that you will eat out one day of the week during your ski chalet holiday with us.
A ski chalet holiday would not be complete with the obligatory vin chaud at the bottom of the mountain. Morillon and Samoens are still much quieter ski resorts compared to other big French ski area such as Morzine, Val d’Isere and Meribel.
Le Grand Massif is one of the most accessible ski resorts in the Alps. Situated in the Northern Alps, Le Grand Massif is just a 70 minute flight from southern UK airports, and the airport transfer from Geneva is just 50 minutes.
Our Grand Massif Chalets
Ferme St Christophe
Subscribe to our newsletter
+34 620 367 809